Florida Dealership Training Program
OnlineAutoDealerEd.com provides the highest quality of expert driven content for aspiring Florida auto dealers. Our online state-approved prelicense courses cover the skills needed to be a successful auto dealer, including teaching the basic fundamentals of running a dealership and ownership, training in business management, reviewing trends, accounting, and covering Florida state specific rules and laws. We also offer a state approved continuing education course so once you obtain your Florida Auto Dealer's License, you can keep it up to date.
Our content is provided in an online format that you can complete it on your desktop computer, laptop, or anywhere you take your mobile device.
Florida Car Dealer Pre-License 16 Hour Class
This all online state-approved course satisfies the 16 hours required to become a Florida independent used auto dealer (VI), a wholesale motor vehicle dealer (VW), a motor vehicle auction dealer (VA), or a salvage motor vehicle dealer (SD). Upon payment, you have instant access to your classroom. You will be able to print your own certificate of completion instantly upon completion.
Florida Car Dealer Continuing Education
This all online state-approved course will satisfy all Florida auto dealer continuing education requirements. Upon payment, you will have instant access to your classroom. You will be able to print your own certificate of completion instantly upon completion.
Florida Car Dealer Pre-License 8 Hour Class
This all online state-approved course satisfies the 8 hours required to become a Florida franchise motor vehicle (VF) auto dealer. Upon payment, you have instant access to your classroom. You will be able to print your own certificate of completion instantly upon completion.
Florida Auto Dealer Requirements
How to obtain a Florida Dealer's license for:
independent motor vehicle dealer - VI;
a wholesale motor vehicle dealer - VW;
motor vehicle auction dealer - VA;
or a salvage motor vehicle dealer - SD:
- Complete our Florida Car Dealer Pre-license 16 Hour Class, $140.
- Fill out the Florida DMV Auto Dealer Application - we provide this application in our online classroom.
- Pay the DMV fee of $300.
- Obtain bonding and insurance.
- Obtain approval for your business location.
- Submit proof of course completion (certificate), the Florida DMV application and fee, and proof of insurance and bonding to the DMV.
How to obtain a Florida franchise motor vehicle dealer's license - VF:
- Complete our Florida Car Dealer Pre-License 8 Hour Class, $65.
- Steps 2 - 6 above.
All auto dealers in Florida must renew by April 30th of every year. Florida Auto Dealer Continuing Education must be done every other year.
How to renew your Florida Dealer's license:
- Complete our Florida Car Dealer Continuing Education for only $19.95.
- Submit proof of course completion (certificate) with the renewal application and fee, and proof of insurance and bonding and certification from the Division of Corporations to the regional office responsible for your dealership.
Florida Dealer Training State Approval Letters
STATE OF FLORIDA
DEPARTMENT OF HIGHWAY SAFETY AND MOTOR VEHICLES
DIVISION OF MOTOR VEHICLES
MOTOR VEHICLE DEALER TRAINING SCHOOL
LICENSE NUMBER: MVDTS-0011
EFFECTIVE DATE: January 18, 2012
THIS CERTIFIES THAT: At Your Pace Online, LLC
AT: 17888 67th Court North, Suite # 6
Loxahatchee, Florida 33470
IS HEREBY LICENSED UNDER THE PROVISIONS OF SECTION 320.27(4)(B), F.S.
For On-line Pre-licensing classes statewide for license types: VF, VI, VA, VW, SD
Continuing Education for: VI
GIVEN UNDER MY HAND AND SEAL THE ABOVE DATE WRITTEN
[Signed by (Julie W. Gentry)]
Chief, Bureau of Dealer Services